The Creative Process According to Me

09:00 Nadine 4 Comments


Phase 1: Inspiration

- Okay, I'm ready, it's pinterest time. pinpinpinpin.
- Ooh. Cool thing, I should try the thing.
- Ooooooh a list of 1 pot pasta recipes. That can wait. #GLUTENFOREVER
- Wait what was that cool thing?

Phase 2: Planning

- Moodboard time. WOOHOOOOOO
- Enjoying the moodboard vibes.
- Real designers do moodboards right? I'm totally a real designer.
- Maybe I should write a to-do list.
- Nah I'm good.

Phase 3: Creation

- Ah my moodboard is so nice, this is really going to be a helpful thing.
- What did I actially need to do again?
- I need a damn to -do list.
- Alright some draft concepts, lets do thisss.
- It's been 3 hours and my moodboard is still the best looking thing I've managed.
- WHY WON'T THIS THING MOVE LIKE 1 PIXEL TO THE RIGHT WHY DOES IT INSIST ON JUMPING JUST OVER WHERE I WANT IT DESPITE MY BEST EFFORTS WHY????
- I literally hate every last bit of this.
- These three concepts could honestly be for three totally different businesses.
- Fuck it my deadline was yesterday,
- Just gonna send it to them.
- They chose the boringest one.
- Why did I send them that?
- 784 requested 'tweaks' later
- Still hate it
- ugh.

Phase 4: Aftermath

- Hey is that my work in real life??
- I LOVE IT

4 comments:

  1. Love it! This post actually makes me smile. I am currently on phase 3 now. Haha

    http://www.lecitygypsy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel u, girl!! Creative process is mental, I always try to go in with a plan but it usually just ends up looking a lot like this post!!

    Emily | One Stormy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Aftermath is the bet, when you first see what you've created :-)

    xx
    Joy Della Vita

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post cracked me up. You write well!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read. Maybe we can follow each other?
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete